- 世界日报：排华法案废除80年 戴琪：美应尽力保护族裔多元与平等
- 世界日报：排华法案废除80周年 戴琪：美追求经济进步 也当拥抱族裔多元
- Min News：To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the repeal of the Chinese Exclusion Act, Chinese people call on us not to let history repeat itself.
To stay informed of the latest updates for our conference, please (1) visit this webpage, (2) join the CRCEA80 WeChat group, (3) check for CRCEA80 email broadcasts
Ticket Registration Ended
Ticket registration ended at 5:00 PM EST Dec. 3. The Attendee List has been updated at https://crcea80.net/about-us/
All attendees are required to attend the pre-conference general information meeting:
- Date/Time: Dec. 4, 2023, 9:30 p.m. EST
- Click Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83391894226?pwd=1G3ZWoPbVe6w9ElAoTbmyHHzW7ubTB.1
- Mobile Dial: +13092053325
- Meeting ID: 833 9189 4226 Passcode: 118146
- 日期/时间：2023 年 12 月 4 日晚上 9:30（美东时间）
- 会议 ID：833 9189 4226 密码：118146
Business formal or Chinese traditional attire is expected for all attendees.
On December 17th, 1943, the US Congress passed the Magnuson Act, also known as the Chinese Exclusion Repeal Act, which ended the deeply harmful Chinese Exclusion Act that had been in place for 61 years. This year marks the 80th anniversary of repealing the Chinese Exclusion Act.
Against the backdrop of increasing anti-Asian sentiment and deteriorating US-China relations, it is even more important to commemorate this historic moment, learn from history and prevent it from repeating.
Read the full article by Xiaoyan Zhang, Ph. D.
We commemorate the 80th anniversary of repealing the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 to:
Advance Civil Rights for All Americans, Prevent History from Moving Backward.
We sincerely invite and welcome all Americans — who support equal rights and social justice for every American — to attend and support this historic conference.
Date: December 5, 2023, security check starts at 8:00 AM.
Venue: the Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
- Security check-in at the entrance as shown in the picture above.
- Welcome Remarks.
- Commemorative speech by a senior White House official.
- Keynote addresses by congressional members, other elected officials, and civic organization leaders.
- Education session with prominent scholars.
- Conference Luncheon at the Congressional Welcome Center.
- Group photos of all attendees at the U.S. Capitol.
- Invitation-only Community Forum of 100 community organization leaders.
- Meeting with Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC).
- Note: the conference program is working in progress, subject to change.
Purchase Ticket to Attend the Conference
Every attendee must click the above Purchase Ticket button to attend the conference. The ticket is neither tax deductible nor refundable. Each attendee shall make his/her own travel and hotel arrangement. The following hotels are in close proximity to the conference venue. However, the Conference has no arrangement with any of these four hotels.
Direction to the Conference: Please arrive at the Capitol Visitor Center — located underground on the east side of the Capitol – no later than 8:30 AM to allow ample time to go through security.
Security Check: Before entering the Capitol Visitor Center, all visitors are screened by a magnetometer. Please carefully review the U.S. Capitol’s prohibited items list.
Entry to the Conference: After you get through the security check, follow the sign to the Congressional Auditorium, present your conference ticket to our conference volunteers who will scan its QR code for entry to the auditorium, and distribute a program booklet and a lunch voucher to you. No food or beverage is permitted in the auditorium.
Becoming a Collaborating Organization to the Conference
We welcome and invite all civic organizations to join us to be a part of this historic event at the U.S. Capitol, the heart of American Democracy and Republic. Please click the above Sign Up Here button to become a collaborating partner to the conference by (1) making contribution, or (2) attending the conference, or doing both.
We are excited to invite 100 community leaders from collaborating organizations with the most contribution and/or attendance to participate in the Community Forum at the William & Mary Washington Center in the afternoon. Together we will discuss and reach consensus on common goals and action plans for how to achieve equal rights for Chinese Americans and all Americans.
Make a Contribution to the Conference
Your contribution will help make our conference a great success, and will receive recognition and benefits according to the schedule above. Please click the above Make A Contribution button to contribute to the conference.